Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TRIPP!!!

ITS A GIRL!!!! We are pleased to announce an addition to our little family. I LOVE dogs. Grew up around them my whole life. Liesel doesn't like dogs, and neither does her whole family. I finally talked Liesel into getting a dog, even if it was just a small lap dog. I was desparate and would take anything I could get. Once she warmed up to the idea of even having a dog, Jake talked her into getting a dog capable of going hiking with us, so she decided she wanted a bigger dog, but not a huge dog. One day Jake and I went out to the pound just to see what they had. Well, of course we found a puppy that we all just fell in love with. I decided we should sleep on it, and the next day when we called the pound SHE WAS GONE!!! Turns out that night after we had been there, some second chance dog adoption place came and took 8 puppys, one of them being Tripp. We got the number to the place she was at it Murray, and reserved her as quick as we could. They wouldn't give her to us for 10 days, which gave us plenty of time to get ready for her. We went and picked her up and have Loved her more than we ever thought we would. She is a Boxer/Collie mix. She's pretty much a boxer with the nose and the smarts of a Collie. At 3 1/2 months old she could sit, shake, lay down, come, and she was even potty trained! The only couple of accidents she has had in the house were our fault for not noticing she was waiting at the door. We LOVE her to death!!!! And I feel like she is pretty fond of us as well :)




This is what she does when she gets in trouble.... She makes it so hard to be mad at her!







Her first trip to the vet to get her shots.




She LOVES hanging out on the bed with us. What a spoiled little girl

She really like getting under the covers.

5 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! She is definetly a puppy, Dewey does that same thing. He will burrow in the covers and stay there forever! She's so cute. I can't believe we still haven't seen her yet. Well maybe next time. Love you guys!
    Tiffany and Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute puppy. It will be fun to meet her one day. I can tell she's still a puppy because she looks to small for her feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet dog. shasta is in love too. they are pretty funny at our house. we get to tend "tripp" in the kennel every day. glad to help out with the doggy lodging. love mommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I couldn't see the picture when I first logged on... and I seriously thought it was a "human" girl on the way :) ha ha ha- I even told Scottie and then read the post and realized it's a PUPPY- she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THat's a pretty dang cute dog- and I'm not much of a dog person. Glad that you are loving her and the Leisel is too. Just what I told you before- you're going to end up with only girls like me. Fun pics of you playing in the jeep. I'm starting to really miss home!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete